Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: App World Changes

Yes I suppose thats a good way to look at it as well. If an app is good, it will get better visibility and will stay up there. If not it will be sent down to the dungeons.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

The rating seems to be working again.  It should show the most rating to the lowest.

would be nice if i'm view in vendor it would show apps with new reviews.

Developer

Rating is not working for me yet, still sorts according to highest rated (low number of reviews for apps).

I hope the new sorting scheme is applied to App World on the device. It still seems to be using the old method, not sure if an update would be required for them to fix that or if they can do it on the server end.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

When I checked BB App World on my phone I found two FREE apps in the Top 25 PAID apps section. Something is definitely wrong

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Good observation. I can confirm that too.

Developer

Actually both apps contain items for sale (if you scroll down to the bottom there is a note about it) so I guess AppWorld counts in-app purchases too when making the Top25 Paid list.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Spoke too soon.  The rating isn't working like before.  It sorts it in a weird way.  I would like rating from highest to lowest.  Now just seems random.

Developer

Will these changes be applied to App World on the device as well RIM?

Good changes, except for the Rating sort. Would be nice to see it consistent across the Web and Devices.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

adwiv wrote:

Though this is a good ranking system, it will hurt the old developers the most who are done with developing apps for blackberry and have been relying on their number of reviews collected over the years to generate passive income for them. Many of them are active on this forum and quite vocal in defending their passive incomes Smiley Very Happy

Hello,

Isn't that a bit naive?

We don't get paid right away for our work.  It's an investment, and it takes a long time for our pay to come in.  That "passive income" is what we worked for.

Developer

@silver20: when I first read the above quoted paragraph, I felt a bit offended. But after that I looked at my current 'passive income' and loled Smiley Happy

Actually the new rating system is a major strike against the copycats, who generated thousands of fake reviews just to get to the top of any category. I doubt that any of the 'old' vendors have so high rated apps (we all know how long it takes to get some real reviews).