Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-24-2009 10:47 AM
Does anyone know whether there are plans to include a "Coupon" or "Promo Code" feature that is available in similar storefronts? This capability allows you to share a code with a customer or blog/traditional press reviewer and they can download the application for free or at a discount. A "bulk" promo code generator is also helpful if you want to handout single-use coupons at a tradeshow for example.
03-28-2009 10:22 PM
Thanks for the question. Email works but promo codes are better in a few ways:
- I do not need to know what OS they have and send the appropriate .zip, they can match their device to the appropriate bundle without any additional coordination.
- Some of our applications appeal to a non-technical audience that prefer ota to .zip files and BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Our ota download rate is > 2-to-1.
- The ability to provision many promo codes simultaneously is great for tradeshows or when marketing through a partner. That avoids a follow-up series of email threads to get the applications into the right hands.
- Some storefronts allow you to configure a coupon with a discount percentage allowing you to collect revenue at a reduced rate vs. just giving the application away.
I hope this makes sense!
03-30-2009 10:02 PM
05-10-2011 10:39 AM
Necro! Did this feature ever get implemented? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I've been working with some of the wonderful folks over at Crackberry, and they wanted to do a giveaway promotion for Dillo Hills, but we haven't found any reliable way to do so without simply distributing BAR files (something we'd really like to avoid).
06-26-2011 08:35 PM
I'd like to give out a few promo codes to help with the marketing of my PlayBook app... if it were possible. It seems that App World is the only distribution method for PlayBook apps and having a promo code feature (something that has come in handy for me in other app stores.. cough... Apple... cough) would be great.
06-15-2013 05:24 AM - last edited on 06-17-2013 05:46 AM by BelmaHFL
06-16-2013 12:52 PM
At this time BlackBerry World does not feature any promo codes.
That said on the device side, the app does have a place to enter promo codes, so presumably this is a feature that is coming somewhat soonish...