Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-20-2009 11:20 AM - edited 04-20-2009 02:11 PM
Our e-mail support has been receiving far too many e-mails in regards to our application SoundEffects. I would really like to work with somebody at BlackBerry on fixing these problems. Here is what has happed since we first published our app:
1. SoundEffects v1.0 was published and we started receiving numerous e-mails from Storm users complaining sounds did not play
2. We confirmed that the simulator worked but devices do have issues. The only work around is to adjust volume after the sound plays. There are numerous posts to a firmware issue and how it was fixed but Verizon doesn't appear to be rolling out the upgrade.
3. We take the storm off the supported list for v1.0
4. Created v1.0.1 that works around the issue by constantly setting the volume when sounds play. We post this new version up and set it to be only used for Storms.
5. The fix appears to be working for new customers. Old customers that were on v1.0 cannot upgrade. They get the option to click upgrade but it never downloads and always errors out. Some customers just get the button to purchase the application again. That's not good as we set it to be a free upgrade.
6. We are also getting some e-mails regarding how to download applications again or the downloads are failing in the middle of download. I would like to know how to respond to this. Is there an e-mail for support for blackberry App World because there is nothing we can do to fix these issues.
I wish I could say this process has been worth it but given the number of purchases compared to all the e-mails we have to field because of reasons outside of our control--bad firmware, bad downloads, failed upgrades, etc. We would like to get a better understanding of how to respond to these issues and if there are improvements coming that will provide a better end user experience for our customers. Thanks for any help you may provide.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-20-2009 02:10 PM
04-22-2009 02:37 PM - edited 04-22-2009 03:27 PM
04-28-2009 01:58 PM
Thank you guys for letting me know the e-mail support address. I have just e-mailed them with the above information. I will let you know if I hear anything regarding these issues. It has not gotten better at all. And the latest issue is people buying the app, restorting their phone, then not being able to download from My World. So... just to summarize my issues again:
1. Upgrades do not work
2. People claiming double purchase
3. My World doesn't have customer's paid apps for re-download
I guess there is some comfort knowing I'm not alone in this mess...
please let me know if you hear anything.
04-29-2009 05:03 PM
I received word from RIM support. Sounds like the issues will be solved shortly!
Thank you for your email. I wanted to touch on a few points/issues you mentioned below, and try to provide some light at the end of the tunnel.
a. User cannot upgrade your application (connection error message)
b. User being not seeing your application when logging back into My World
The 2 above issues were identified early last week, and we have been working on putting together a hotfix to resolve these 2 major issues. We are expecting to have this in place and live within the next 24-36 hours. Once this fix is in, users should be able to correctly reconcile their purchased applications by logging into My World, as well as successfully upgrade your application from the older version to the newest version.
05-17-2009 11:12 PM
I'm getting the same type of emails. What a bloody nightmare. I am completely overwhelmed with 'support' emails for problems that are totally App World related.
Have you had any luck with this issue?
05-17-2009 11:13 PM
I was able to successfully re-purchase my own application. Two separate PayPal payments! Customers can definitely double pay if they are not careful.
I cannot believe it.