Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

App World and comments.

He writes about it because I think that some of the rules in the App World are hopeless.

I will use an example:

1. I wrote an application and adds it to the App World.

2.On Friday evening, a user wrote a comment: "This application has deleted all my contacts from the phone! **bleep**! Do not buy"

3.What's happening now?

4.App World does not work on Saturday and Sunday. So 2 days and even longer appears such a comment!

5.As a developer, he loses by such user reputation, money and nerves.

6.Of course, this is not possible because my application does not have an API to delete contacts from your phone!

Why the hell is not it yeah developer, after logging into your account has full control?

Or why it does not look like this:

1.1. I wrote an application and adds it to the App World.

2.On Friday evening, a user wrote a comment: "This application has deleted all my contacts from the phone! **bleep**! Do not buy"

3.Log on to APP WORLD and block comments, it disappears immediately APP WORLD but is waiting for approval!

HOW IT SHOULD LOOK! 

I do not know who makes the APP WORLD but it seems that they do not mean sometimes.

Do something about it because it is normally match your part.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World and comments.

[ Edited ]

Like ebscr said in his blog post (http://news.ebscer.com/2012/05/every-bug-is-your-fault/)

When you write software you need to take responsibility of any bug that users might blame you for. No matter if it is your fault or not.

None of the "Other" app stores allow you to delete a comment / review. Ebay / Elance does not allow a user to change his review / rating for a transaction.

IMO appworld should not allow developers to deny reviews at all. It should rather provide a mechanism for developers to connect to the reviewer and if the reviewer wants, they themselves should change the review and rating.

App world's responsibility is not just towards the developers, it has an equal responsibility towards the customers. And if a customer does not like an app,  and gives a bad review, the act of denying the review without his consent is unfair to the customer.

Edit: Updated the link.

Trusted Contributor

Your link not working...error 404,

So it is very underdeveloped system, in a word. Why? Already explain.

First: As can be commenting on the application:

-fraud from another company.Who wants to destroy my reputation.

-User who does not write the truth!

And what happens to my application as has the first comment? dies...

Since we are comparing the Ebay to App World...

Developer in App World even comment on the possibility of such a dumb comment.

It should be up to each comment, reply in return. From the developer.

Finally, the mass of people have downloaded the application, no one had any problems. Only this one user. And besides, he deleted the app all my contacts? It's impossible. To delete all contacts must be implemented API for that!

Developer

I can understand your frustration. I have also received comments like this on my apps. But this is a part and parcel of working in the online world.

Just tell me one thing:

If you buy an app from appworld and did not like it and give it a bad review, how would you feel if the developer deletes your review? Would you not feel that the App World is acting against "you" ? Why should anyone care to leave a bad review if they know that it would be deleted by the developer?

I feel that the ability to delete a customer's review has made the appworld review system noting but a BIG joke.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a situation that my comment has been removed ... but not because I wrote: This app sucks ... except that I added a PIN number "

It should be an option to write off such a negative comment. Just as it is on auction sites. Buyer and seller comments CAC show.

And in this situation, I can destroy any application that does not have any comment. Just do not write the truth.

As a developer I do not even like to comment on this comment! And people see the entry and escape, despite the fact that the application is OK.

This is fair?

Developer

I agree with the need to reply to the bad comments.

App World should allow developers to reply to comments / customers and also it should also allow customers to change a review.

Even better method can be that when a customer posts a review of 3 star or less, it should be kept pending for say 2 business days. The developer should be informed by the appworld alongwith the customer's email id.

If the developer solves the customer's problem, the customer should be able to change the reivew & rating. Otherwise, if the developer does not reply within 2 working days, the comment should get posted.

Trusted Contributor

This is answer from this user:

I add TEXT in photoshop "Show Answer:"

When i click this answer, show comment from developer Smiley Happy

That's how it should look!

Developer

IMO the reply by developer should always be visible :-)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right! My fault Smiley Happy

You got Kudos Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Until App World provides a way to respond to poor reviews AND allow a user to update their responses, deleting incorrect reviews is the only recourse a developer has.