Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Play

Re: App World problem - cannot download app in draft mode

When I try to download app in test mode, download does not start and I see popup with: 'An error has occurred. Please try again later'.

Also, when submitting app, I can see new submitted version after a few hours (in 'Alt+TST' mode).

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: BSNL

Make sure you have added your test id in the sandbox and same id to be used for App World login

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

Hi rhearty,
I am have a concern in this regard, I believe this is problem is still persisting with the latest ver of app world with some application. However behaviour is quite different.
When I first uploaded the the build and was trying to install from my App World it was showing "An error occured,Please try again later", but some times later like  7-10 hours  that same build was available for download . Again when uploaded that same build it was giving the same problem. So my realization is that as soon as I upload the build if I try to install from app world this will show me that error as if the my build not yet ready to be downloaded.
No if my assumption is correct then could please tell me how does it take to get build ready to be downloaded. we are a product base Organization sometime we require to demonstrate our product, if we get to know the ETA of the build then we can have some buffer time.
I hope you can understand my concern. I would be glad if you can reply me ASAP.
Regards,
Angan
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

[ Edited ]

I have the SAME PROBLEM.

When I upload a new build in draft mode, I get " an error has occurred, please try again later". I was able to download v1.0 30 seconds before, then I uploaded a new version to test and will not work. I need to wait up to 1 hour for the new version to work downloading through app world.

Its very inconvenient. Makes development time 100 times longer.

ALSO, payment API 1.8 requires App world 3.1, all the simulators I downloaded have a lower version. If I try to upgrade on the simulator, once I restart its back to 3.0.x or 2.x and never saves. WTF...

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

Yeah right I have also figured this out. You need to wait for 1-1.5 hrs to have the build ready for download. It seems like that time it takes to sync across the system. But this is really wired. Since automation has been introduced in our life the world has been much faster.....

How ever I would really interested to know ETA of the newly uploaded build in draft mode and also in the published mode.

Any contribution to my query will be greatly appreatiated.

Thanks in advance.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodafone

I was facing the same issue yesterday. I downloaded the app today morning and it downloaded without any hassle. I was wondering is there any solution for this or not. Suppose you miss a small dot or semi colon or a brace in your code also, you need to wait for 2 hours. Makes absolutely no sense. Any solutions faced so far?

Thank you