Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App World tax documents

Under the Account Details section in the AppWorld vendor portal in the Payment Info section I see that there's an area for uploading tax documents.  In my case there's a "Canadian Tax Election", W8BEN, and W9 option in the dropdown.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, but I can't find an explanation anywhere of what exactly I need to upload here, or whether I need to at all.  Particularly the Canadian Tax Election document - I have no idea what this document would be.  Is it something provided by RIM?

I'm a Canadian developer, so the US tax forms presumably aren't relevant to me.

Any help figuring this out would be great.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App World tax documents

I would like a reply to this question as well.

Thanks you.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: App World tax documents

[ Edited ]

Hi froboz, ignites,

Best bet would be for one (or both) of you to send an inquiry to customersupport@blackberrycommerce.rim.com.  This is direct to the BlackBerry Commerce team and they can provide some guidance/explanation regarding the required tax documentation.