Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

App approval

Hello,

I've submitted my new app in BB app world 4 weeks ago and it is still not approved Smiley Surprised(

What's wrong ? I don't know how to contact RIM.

Please help,

Laurent

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: App approval

to upload a new app you have first to create the new product (wich will ask you to upload screenshots, and description) and then add the releases wich will contain all code files and then submit them. if you did everything the process should take around 10 business days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Developer

Ok, I received an email from the approval team. They were trying to contact me but they were getting trouble with my contact email.
I don't know what's wrong with my contact email because it's working fine anywhere else the Blackberry vendor portal...

Anyway, I have to change my app name : you can't name your app BBsomething !!! Smiley Surprised(
So I have to change my app name, recompile, sign, change screenshots, icons, description,...

Maybe my new app will be online before the end of the year. I'm sarcastic I know but I'll not give up Smiley Surprised)

My apps
Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

that's the attitude don't give up!
that happened to me too i named bbsomething to my app and that wasn't allowed so i changed it and REPLIED THAT EMAIL (don't forget that) and it got aproved within 2-3 days 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

[ Edited ]

Dang!! You cant name it BlackBerry _____

How long does it take to approve after you change the name? I submitted my App on Sunday and I named it BlackBerry ______

Sucks because I had all my artwork, logo, everything done and now it will have to be redone and wont have a good name for the app.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You can say ______ for the BlackBerry.
Developer

maybe they will make an exception for me.. lol
Developer

Product
Status
Releases
Goods
Reviews

BlackBerry ______
Pending Review
1 Open CR(s) 1
None None

Been 1 week today and still no information from RIM. I submitted a ticket from their vendor support page two times and no response was given to me. Is over 1 week normal with zero activity?
Developer

Try to contact devsupport@rim.com...
My apps
Developer

Yes, I did. Today it was done and my application was denied because it contained the word BlackBerry in it.

I am not even allowed to call it BB something

How about BlueBerry Something, are they going to deny that.

I find it dumb to deny apps beginning with the word of the platform it runs on. Im sure there are apps in the app store or android marketplace that contain iPhone or Android in it.