Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: App approval

About BlueBerry I'm not sure try to ask them before changing everything in your app... I think they are keeping app names with Blackberry or BB for the apps they are developing (like Blackberry Protect, Blackberry Travel...).
Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

[ Edited ]

You are not allowed to use "BlackBerry" or "Berry" in your app name, it is written in the vendor guideliness. Double BB is not allowed too, I learned it the hard way. Viable option is the "Be'-prefix, it is a common practice (BeAlert, BeBuzz, BeWeather etc.)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Guidelines-for-using-BlackBe...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You can use a name like "___ for the BlackBerry"
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

jtegen, is that a joke?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

No, there are apps like "MyApp for the PlayBook". "I believe" that if the app says "MyApp for the BlackBerry" is different than "BlackBerry MyApp" which is reserved for BB apps. Because you could have "MyApp for the BlackBerry" and "MyApp for Android tablets" and "MyApp for iPad", etc.