Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

App failed App World approval because it can't connect to the payment system in testing

We have just tried to get our first app approved for release on App World. It is a subscription based app that needs to connect to the payment system for registration. Because it can't connect to the payment system until it is approved, when we released it to the 'team' at App World, it failed to load beyond the initial splash screen. Is there something obvious we are missing here? We can find no guidelines or advise on the site and get no replies to our tickets. Also is 11 days to get to the approval stage normal for a new app?

Any help gratefully recieved. Here is the feedback from the 'team':

User is unable to navigate to main menu of the application from the initial screen.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Wipe the handset.
 2. Install the application using Javaloader.
 3. Launch the application.
 4. Notice the initial screen.
 5. Select 'GeoForms G-plate' option to navigate to the main menu.
 6. Notice the above mentioned error."

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App failed App World approval because it can't connect to the payment system in testing

You should probably catch the exception. Otherwise your app will never work when in off line use, even once it is approved.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: App failed App World approval because it can't connect to the payment system in testing

Thank you for the reply. Exception could be the issue potentially however in case of subscription model app can not operate while off line. Subscription check must be performed on every app run. So it should be online. Am I right?
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You might want to store that the current subscription is valid when off line. You will get killed in reviews if the app cannot operate in offline mode, unless all the content is only available on the web.