Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BITE Latvia

App is kicked from BBW charts?

[ Edited ]

Currently I have two apps in BlackBerry World: paid and free version.

Both have a 4-5 star rating and a BfB status. But for the past two months my paid version systematically dissapears from any charts whatsoever. When I'm saying from any charts, I mean even from the Applications->Utility->Utility chart.

The latest example:

On 17.08 paid had 7 purchases and could be found on about ~200th place in "Top Paid Apps", as well as it could be found in Top Grossing BfB chart and in "Applications->Utility->Utility" Top Paid and Top Grossing charts. On 18.06 I saw 0 purchases and 1 download. I went to check on the BlackBerry World and couldn't find my app anywhere! It took me some time to patiently scroll down to the very bottom of the "Top Paid Apps" list (and by my estimation, there is about 2000-2500 apps), but no luck. Then I've checked all the charts, where my app could possibly be listed, but no luck.

Now, this may be an expected behaviour, but for mee it looks very awkward, when an app with good rating and a BfB status gets from ~200th place to "not listed anywhere".

The most interesting part, that if I remove the app from sale, and then add it back again, for some time it will be listed (it may not be listed in main charts, but at least it will be in it's subcategory), but at some point it just dissapears.

Again, it would be obvious for me, if my app would dissapear from all lists in case it would be on the very bottom of those lists, but it dissapears when taking positions closer to the top, then to the bottom of the charts.

Any comments on that someone?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App is kicked from BBW charts?

It's hard to tell without a thorough investigation, are you sure you are not putting effect before cause?

i.e. it dissapears because it gets no sales

When you re-add it it appears in the new apps lists and so gets attention but then the sales fizzle out and it drops out.

If you think not then best to try and contact someone at BlackBerry.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BITE Latvia

The fact is, that the app actually gets sales prior dissapearing from charts.

Now, I'm not saying, that this is a bug. This might be absolutely normal behaviour for BBW, the problem is, that there is no information whatsoever (at least I didn't find any) about how BBW charts work.

Besides, a free version of this app does not having this issue, despite sometimes it has no downloads at all.

P.S. Removing app from sale and then adding it back again doesn't put it in "Newcomer" section.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Sorry I thought you meant you were adding it back as a new app, are you just removing from sale and then reinstating then?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.