Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

App not showing in appworld when searching by name

I've released my first game type app on appworld but I've found that the app is not showing up when searching for it by name for some reason (only when done from a phone, works fine when searching via webbrower on pc).

The app's name is "trivia!".  On two different blackberry phones through different providers both do not show my app in the search results when searching for either "trivia" or "trivia!".  It does show another developer's trivia apps though.

If I search for my developer name then all 3 apps/themes I've done show up.  Going through the categories the app also shows up.

I'm concerned that my app is not getting the exposure it should.  Is there a way to contact rim support for them to check why this is happening or is it perhaps just a glitch with appworld on the 2 phones I've been testing with?

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App not showing in appworld when searching by name

Hi  hyarion,

Are you still having issues with this?  What two phones are you searching for your application with?

Thanks,

Jordan

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes, I'm afraid I'm still experiencing the issue. Have tested with a Curve 8520 and a Bold 9700.  I have applied all recent updates to the appworld app as well as battery pulls.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

I've also had this happen. Searched on the exact title, and nothing, just other peoples' apps that didn't even match the search well. Other times, the search term was in the description, or part of the title, but the app did not show anywhere in the search results.