Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App review/approval times

Is anyone else noticing increase in app approval/review times? We submitted an app over 4 weeks ago. But the review process has still  not started.

This is the first time in 3 years that the app approval times has gone past 2 weeks. So this much delay is very unusual.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

Re: App review/approval times

I have discussion with few of my colleagues regarding approval/reviews on BBWorld. None of us have any app approved at least 20 days, it seems that all testers/reviewers gone to sleep or something similar.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

In case you weren't aware, there were several massive BB10 "portathons" in the last few weeks, during which over 34 000 new apps were submitted.

Although I hope they're close to finishing up the backlog, I'm sure we're still suffering some delays because of that.

I've had several apps get approved in the last week, but my final one which was submitted only a few hours before the end of the last portathon remains unreviewed.

I'll wildly speculate they're about 80-90% done at this point...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

Yes, we are aware of that, and those apps are from portathons. At first there was some progress, but now it seems they stop reviewing. Five of us are having same apps with pending reviews for last 20 days. 

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

God forbid you submit some attempt to recover your old-BBOS business from 6 feet under where the new store sent it -- they will keep you waiting for a month just to submit a "Plus" version of an existing app.

Don't make any mistakes either, for example if you thought all OS7 devices had magnetometers and your app doesn't work when they test it on one of the ones that doesn't, and you fix the compatibility settings right away and reply, they will leave that sitting like it just got submitted the first time.

Don't bother contacting vendor support directly, they will just ignore you half the time and keep you waiting too long the rest.

Developer

mzex wrote:

Yes, we are aware of that, and those apps are from portathons. At first there was some progress, but now it seems they stop reviewing. Five of us are having same apps with pending reviews for last 20 days. 

Given that the last day of the portathon was 20 days ago, and many of us have apps that were submitted that day, then there's far more than five of us who have apps pending review for that long.

Probably every hour's worth of submissions, or fewer, is taking them a day or two to get through.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

What's the point of the approval process anyway -- they never find problems in updates, and if they're not checking updates what's the point of checking anything at all.

Developer

A while back they published the latest vetting criteria, as covered by CrackBerry (with a link to download the PDF): http://crackberry.com/rim-releases-blackberry-app-world-vetting-criteria-document-developers

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

With all the Port-a-thon, BB10 Release Events & BBJam Events going on. 

It took 3 week for my App to be approved. 

All I can say is be patience.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

silver20 wrote:

God forbid you submit some attempt to recover your old-BBOS business from 6 feet under where the new store sent it 

Revive it for what? For selling discounted apps in Indonesia and getting $0.40 for a $1 app? Oh wait, I forgot that Indonesia carriers pay with 8-months delay..

Once the BB10 sales recover in US, UK and Canada I'll make sure that my apps won't be available in any of the emerging markets...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry