Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

App upgrade = download +1?

Simple question. When my app gets its update approved, and then pushed to everyone with a PlayBook who has downloaded my app for "upgrade", does the upgrade count as a download as reported in the Reports page in the Vendor Portal?
CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: App upgrade = download +1?

Yes.

Every download is counted in reports no matter if it is an upgrade or new download.

However if your app is paid, purchase reports will show only new purchases (upgrade is not counted as purchase)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Oh lame, and here I thought I had hit an all time high for downloads in a single day... really it was just everyone upgrading... boo.

This is pretty dumb, why do I really care if people are upgrading...
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Looking at the bright side - you will know how much people still use your app after the initial download. Only people who update the app actually use it, the others probably have already deleted it.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: sprint

shawnblais wrote:
Oh lame, and here I thought I had hit an all time high for downloads in a single day... really it was just everyone upgrading... boo.

This is pretty dumb, why do I really care if people are upgrading...

yeah,I had that omg moment on my first update too Smiley Happy

I was using the downloads because it seemed to give a clearer picture (one purchase = one download), but I guess we need to search by purchases to get what we need. also I think redownloading the same version counts too, if they delete then reinstall etc. so even without the updates it's not very accurate.