Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TMN

App world sales

Hi,

I'm a European developer, not a company.

My app  is 1.99 USD

My sales where within European customers.

I suppose I should receive for each app sale $1.39(70% of $1.99) but I'm receiving only $1.21 for each app sale. Can someone give me a light on this?

Thks in advance

................................................................................................
Tech On!
PTNews
more at On On On!
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App world sales

Probably has to do with curency exchanges...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I suppose that currency exchanges only make sense when in my Paypal account I convert from USD to EUR.

Are there currency exchanges before that? The price for Europe is €1.5(1.99USD). When an european customer buys an app I should receive 70% of 1.99 USD isn't it?

Best regards

................................................................................................
Tech On!
PTNews
more at On On On!
Trusted Contributor

Can someone help on this please.

I've contacted both App World Vendor Support and RIMISVSupport@DigitalRiver.com and this were their answers:

App World Vendor Support

"For detailed information regarding payments, please contact the merchants of record for App World. They handle all revenue distribution for App World.

DigitalRiver (RIMISVSupport@DigitalRiver.com) and Bango (support@bango.com).

App World Team"

RIMISVSupport@DigitalRiver.com

"The ePen Report should be used to reconcile payments. The ePen Report is available in the command console, below is the URL, under Reports > ePen Report.

https://gc.digitalriver.com

Please contact BlackBerry App World in regards to any differences between the ePen Report and BlackBerry App World Vendor reporting at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/appworld/"

As you can see nobody answer to my questions. Can someone here please help on this question?

Best Regards!

Tech On!
PTNews
more at On On On!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Where did you get these figures from?

Trusted Contributor

??? sorry but didn't understand your question

Tech On!
PTNews
more at On On On!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I mean where did you get the figure of $1.21 being paid to you?

If it is from appworld purchase reports, please also check the country of sale. Different countries have different sale prices based on their purchasing power.

Also it seems that AppWorld is now reporting the sales price inclusive of taxes. For example, I can see prices of 1.03, 1.05, 1.08 all for sales within US.

Trusted Contributor

Hi!

I got that value from the e-pen report from Digital River. The apps were all sold on europe(Portugal).
For example:

Net Price Net Cost

The app is sold on europe at €1.5 (currency exchange).
I assume that 1.21 USD is the 70% share of 1.72 USD but why app is sold at 1.99 USD and the NetPrice is 1.72 USD?

Are there VAT issues here?

Thks!

Tech On!
PTNews
more at On On On!
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Ebscer wrote:

Probably has to do with curency exchanges...

The price in different countries have little to do with currency exchange rates. You do not select a "price" in the vendor portal, rather you select a "price tier". If you want to check the price of your app in various countries click on the little magnifying glass labeled "View Price in Different Currencies". Your share of the proceeds is 70% of whatever RIM charges for your app (and converted to US dollars at the current exchange rate.) 

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Where did you get the revenue of each app?
Did you calculate or is written in some page of the Vendor Account?