Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Application developed by us only works on WIFI and FREEZES On Data network

Hello All,

We are a Blackberry Java Development firm and developed an App for the Blackberry App world. The App works perfectly fine on WIFI, but when we disable the WIFI and let only DATA on, the App freezes.

Although all other apps such as YouTube, FB, Twitter, etc works on DATA and WIFI both. But Only our App does not wrk on Data.

Is there any Coding required in our program to let it run on DATA too?

Rogers, Bell, Telus, AT&T, FIDO are few of the example carriers we tried our Application on. Phones were locked as well as Unlocked, but the app just freezes on DATA network.

ANY ANY help will be appreciated.

Thanks

AK

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Application developed by us only works on WIFI and FREEZES On Data network

Post the question in Java Development forum, you'll get more responses there Smiley Happy

Generally speaking probably your app freezes because it can't establish internet connection, making internet connections is one of the most annoying things in BB development

You may also check the sticky topics in the Java Dev forum, at least two of them explain the reasons for your issue

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Application developed by us only works on WIFI and FREEZES On Data network

Note, the OP reposted this as http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Application-developed-by-us-only-works-on-WI...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!