Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C (Developer)

Appworld reviews in time for port-a-thon?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have submitted several apps for the port-a-thon, but 5 are still waiting on reviews. Some of them the wrong version of the app was reviewed, and though I sent an email and was told the review team would look at it, it still says "denied instead of "under review" in the vendor portal. Others were denied because of branding issues and needed a change to the name of the app, which I did (those were app generator apps, and allowed me to edit them due to the denial), but I resubmitted them a few days ago and the updates still haven't shown up in the vendor portal. Another of my apps still has one open CR for review of the new release, though I had to guess at the bug in that one because my email asking for clarification never got a response.

I am worried about all of these getting reviewed in time for the April 8th deadline, because the app generator apps haven't updated and the apps still say "denied", so they aren't in the main review queue. Is there anything else I can do to get them approved? I have already sent several emails to BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@blackberry.com and they said that they were working on them, but given the several-day response times, they may not be checked for several days. I can post the app IDs if necessary.

Thank you,

Techwolf

Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: na

Re: Appworld reviews in time for port-a-thon?

Hi,
How you resubmitted your app ? I mean through vendor portal or from bb app generator site ?
New Developer

[ Edited ]

The app generator ones I resubmitted through the app generator, the rest I did through the vendor portal. The app generator updates are still showing the old versions in the vendor portal though.

Developer

Hi,
Once u resubmitted in appgenerator and again changing in vendor portal will sure take too long time.. (i experienced it ).
Do one thing, Send mail to appgenrator (mippin mail id for BB).
edit your app name in app generator itself. and wait for 2 days (@ max).. sure it ll update.
Bcoz by editing thr appgen itself, assure the app id consistency
New Developer

[ Edited ]

I haven't done anything to the app generator apps in the vendor portal because I'm not sure what the app generator will do to them when it updates them, but I'll send an email to Mippin and see what they can do about them. The other apps I'm just waiting for the app world team to review.

EDIT: I sent an email to blackberryappgenerator@mippin.com, hopefully they reply before the deadline.

EDIT 2: Mippin responded and said that blackberry handles the processing, and the apps are now in the vendor portal. However, they appeared as new apps instead of as updates to the old ones. Will they still qualify for the portathon? In addition, is there any way to delete old apps from the vendor portal? The previous versions from the app generator are still there, and they're unnecessary now.

EDIT 3: One of my non-app generator apps was just approved at Apr 09, 2013 00:18:09 (EST), about 20 minutes past Blackberry's deadline. What will happen to these apps, and will they qualify for the portathon Dev Alpha and Limited Edition drawings?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi Techwolf,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Winnie

Developer

hi,

I have one doubt ....one of my friend enrolled in last chance of port a thon. Out of 6 app 1 of his app got denied. did he eligible for 5 app reward ?? 

New Developer

Yes, he should be eligible for rewards for his 5 approved apps.

Developer

It is great !!!... thanks for that . I will forwrd this to my friends and i ll make them smile Smiley Happy : ) thanks!!