Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BB App world -My App Release denied

Hi.

I recently uploaded my app on BB App world. later when i went to check the status of approval it is showing status as Release Denied. There is no reason mentioned nor any error for denial that can help me to ractify the error. 

Please help me to track the bug or error or any other reason so that  i can re upload my app.

Any support link will also be apprecaited

Thanks in advance for undertsanding 

Manoj

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: BB App world -My App Release denied

Hi manojbluezone,

If the application/release is Denied, you can find a copy of the Denial email that was sent to you under the 'History' tab of the Ticket for your Release/Application.  (Tickets are found under the 'Change Request Tickets' section on the left menu bar).

If you require further clarification to this email, you can find a link to the Vendor Support team directly on the App World Vendor Support page.  Scroll down past the infographic and you'll find a button labelled 'Get Vendor Management Support'.

That team should respond within 24-48 hours of your request with further information.

New Developer

Thanks Ryan .....

Would like to know whether  BB App World team  tests the application functionality before approving or they have different criteria for approving. If yes, then how to provide info on testing since in my case user has to register on the enterprise server to enter the application how can I  provide BB App world the credentials for testing.

Please help me out.

Thanks for understanding

Manoj

Hi manojbluezone,

The testing team generally only ensures the application loads properly and does not adversly affect the core functionality of the device.  

If the team feels they will require login credentials or a test account to properly review an application they will reach out to your directly; however in most cases this is not required. 

To your question, there is currently no where in the submission process that you can supply any instructions for testers.  Something certainly worth exploring if the desired and need is there from the community.

New Developer

Thanks once again Ryan... you have been great help to us.....
New Developer

Hi Ryan,

Need your help again.....

My App is a business application that will be used by mnc corporates. As and when there is change in functionality or error reporting we will have to update the source code on App world.

Would like to know how frequently can we update the soruce code for same release invovling patch updates.

In case i have to go for patch update how can i go ahead?

Does updates go for approval again? 

has blackberry set some threshold for number of updates or frequency of updates?

sorry for so many questions ....

Thanks for understanding

Manoj

No problem,

Once a Release is submitted/approved it cannot be modified/changed, so you'll want to look at submitting new Releases (upgrades) as your source of fixing bugs, making code changes, etc.

There is no threshold or max on how many new Releases you can submit, in any amount of time.  

They do go through an approval queue but generally the approval of a new Release to an already Approved application take 24-48 hours.