Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

BB10 Alpha

[ Edited ]

Ok so ive developed fr BB App World, my Playbook app downloads are going OK, but i want to develop for the BB10 OS for phones i think there are better opertunites on the phone Platform, but i want the phone to actually test my apps (I want to see how my app will look and feel on that small touchscreen) so is there anyway i can get a BlackBerry Dev Alpha becuse (I cant make it to the BB10 Jam), I already tweeted @BlackberryDev and @AlecSaunders on twitter a couple of times but no one has replyed, anyone has any ideas how i can get a BB10 Alpha?

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB10 Alpha

I hope they publish an emulator for BBX soon.

And allow developers to purchase BB10 alpha devices.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Emulators arent good for touchscreen devices, i want to know if the buttons in my app are to small and how the app will feel on that screen, cant really do that on Emulators.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Refer to my post here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Blackberry-10-Device/m-p/169...

For now the simulator needs to be used. If using Cascades or bbUI.js to create your application then the UI elements have already been optimized for the screen size, which would make the simulator an easy way to get started without a device.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: True move

that is brilliant