Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10: app not starting, damaged app installation?

Yes, when will that be available? I have 10.0.10.88.

Can OS updates be announced on the forums so developers know that some fixes might be available? Also, the the OS updates references a release log of what was changed in the update?
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I think he was referring to OS Version, not Software Release. 10.0.10.85 is OS 10.0.10.672. John, if you have SR 88 but not the fix, you must have an OS between 672 and 852.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I hvar OS Version 10.0.10.684. Software Release 10.0.10.88.
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

The update has clearly not been pushed to evereyone. I am still getting reports via reviews and support email that the issue is not fixed.  I personally am on SR 10.0.10.85 / OS version 10.0.10.672 so my carrier (Telus) is not responding with any urgency. There has got to be a better way to handle emergency fixes for BlackBerry World bugs.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

As far as I know this update is not available to anyone yet. But then I can't be sure - I'm still using a Dev Alpha :-(

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The OS version factory loaded on BlackBerry Z10s for the US launch did not contain this fix.  It will be included in the first update, provided very shorty after each carrier's launch.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Mark,  can you please confirm that on BB10 carriers still control release of updates which was a nightmare on BBOS.  With critical updates like this having to wait for carriers to decide when they release them is clearly a very large problem. How is that iOS doesn't require carrier control yet BB10 does given the huge problems that we have seen on BBOS?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, currently carriers still control the release of updates for BlackBerry 10.  There are some technical and business reasons around this requirement that we're looking to address this year, which would allow us to provide simultaneous updates across all carriers.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

MSohm wrote:

Yes, currently carriers still control the release of updates for BlackBerry 10.  There are some technical and business reasons around this requirement that we're looking to address this year, which would allow us to provide simultaneous updates across all carriers.

The OP raised this issue 02-08-2013. What is your estimate for cariers to finally release the bug fix? Should I remove my app from sale for tehnical and business reasons?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

MSohm wrote:

The OS version factory loaded on BlackBerry Z10s for the US launch did not contain this fix.  It will be included in the first update, provided very shorty after each carrier's launch.

Mark, I really don't want to keep bugging you, but the lack of progress leaves me little choice. It's been almost 2 months since we discovered this issue. As far as I can tell nobody in the general public has 10.0.10.852 yet, nor do we have any indication of when it will be available - either from carriers or via BB Link direct. 

We rely on BB for our livelihood. It has been 6 weeks since we had to pull our app (= 11% of annual income, probably more during these 6 launch weeks). We get dozens of enquiries each day about availability of our app on BB10. That's a lot of disappointed users.

Please don't leave us and our users in the dark like this.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands