Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10: app not starting, damaged app installation?

[ Edited ]

BBSJdev wrote:

Mark,

Can we also be fair on this and have some way to remove the obvious 1 star ratings from this problem.

Happy to do this as an email request.

Have you tried to Deny them in the portal?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Yes.

The reason for asking for this is that it brings down the internal rating, which is then used for BBW placement in the lists.

So if you have a 5 and a 1, the average is 3 pushing your app way down the list and out of sight.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Which list can I look at to verify that....I am not sure any of the lists actually use the rating (other than top rated which is messed up completely) .  Thanks.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
New Developer
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey guys, we are also experiencing these issues with the newest dev alpha os and dev alpha sdk. The app works fine when packaged as a debug version, but fails to even show the splash screen when packaged as a release build. Our app won't even open a first time now after an uninstall/reinstall. We had the ide generate a brand new app to see if maybe we had messed up something in our app, but the same results were seen. The new hello world app installs and runs as a release build, but if we remove the debug token on the device the splash screen won't even show. This is an issue with every app packaged and installed through our ide and prevents BB from approving for sale. Any ideas?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

@BrianMcPeek: Your situation sounds a little different then this, in that a re-install resolves this issue and it is fairly random by the type of app and user.

If you are consistently not able to launch your signed app, something else might be occurring.
New Developer

@jtegen: thanks for a prompt response. I just figured our results seemed oddly familiar to what's described here. Do you have any idea what could be happening with our problem, or where to find an answer or solution? I've scoured the Internet with no luck. 

Developer

BrianMcPeek wrote:

@jtegen: thanks for a prompt response. I just figured our results seemed oddly familiar to what's described here. Do you have any idea what could be happening with our problem, or where to find an answer or solution? I've scoured the Internet with no luck. 

Can you please check to see if your main looks like this :

Q_DECL_EXPORT int main(int argc, char **argv)

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I would first make a really simple "hello world" type app to eliminate all other issues. It might be related, but the regularity seems to be the odd thing out. The main problem above has to do with file permissions at installation from BBW.

I would think that if this was a problem with the IDE or OS, we would have heard from hundreds of developers before today.
New Developer

JaredCo: Our app doesn't have the export macro there. I was doing some research and it seemed like the macro was only for porting android apps and creating a library. 

Jtegen: as for the permissions issue, our app uses the camera so it does require the user to accept permissions. The first time I ever installed it it asked for permission but no matter how many uninstall/installs it has never asked again. That's why I thought we may be having similar issues. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

BrianMcPeek wrote:

JaredCo: Our app doesn't have the export macro there. I was doing some research and it seemed like the macro was only for porting android apps and creating a library. 

Jtegen: as for the permissions issue, our app uses the camera so it does require the user to accept permissions. The first time I ever installed it it asked for permission but no matter how many uninstall/installs it has never asked again. That's why I thought we may be having similar issues. 

For Native apps this is required :

Q_DECL_EXPORT int main(int argc, char **argv)

App won't run when built for release without it.

Steven Kader at JaredCo