Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BB10 game approved and live but download does not work

We updated our game "Pinball Deluxe HD" that supported Playbook to now support BB10 and added a new release. The game went live today but customers report problems with the download. When we try on our device, after pressing the download button, we get a network error...

Thanks,

Sylvain

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 game approved and live but download does not work

Some apps have been getting this. BB is aware of it, but I have not heard if they found a resolution to it yet. I would private message Mark Sohm if they have an update to this issue.
New Developer

Thanks!

So the problem is strictly happening to customers who purchased the PlayBook version. Now, on the Z10, they only see a Download button which leads to a Network Error...

I contacted Mark, hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Highlighted
Developer

The issue of apps on BB10 now blocks update on the PlayBook is a different issue. Might be related, but I've seen both case occur independent of the other issue.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Is the BlackBerry 10 version a paid upgrade?  If so there is a problem that can prevent users who purchased it on the BlackBerry PlayBook from downloading it.  The workarounds are to either make it a free upgrade or different product.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

I thought the new app world would allow you to set different price points/categories between device types?
New Developer

Yes me too. This is a different device so I was hoping we could have the product as a paid update. Have a different product id is not the best option either, too confusing for the consumers.

So there is no plan to fix this? We need to change the update to free for PlayBook users?

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

There is a bug with having a paid upgrade to the BlackBerry 10 version.  It should work and we will fix it.  

It's a valid scenario and we recommend using the same product.  But those are the workarounds right now.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Mark I am sorry but this option (making the the BB10 update free for PlayBook users) is not an available option. We tried the 2 following scenarios:

- Change our current BB10 release from a paid upgrade to free upgrade, but appWorld does not let you edit the "Upgrade Price". We can review what we have setup in the build but this can not be edited/changed.

- So we thought the solution was to create a New BB10 Release this time with "free upgrade". Unfortunately when creating the new release, we can setup the Upgrade Price to "Free" but the problem is that the "Min. Paid Ver. to Upgrade" is not the PlayBook one, but the current BB10 release users could not install in the first place. 

Thanks!

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hello andred,

If you can send me the AppId and the Release # that has the Paid Upgrade, I can remove the Paid Upgrade from the Release.