Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bango: Indonesia sales missing

The problem with carriers is that they are used to monopolistic behavior. Six months payment cycle is not uncommon for a lot of carriers in a lot of countries. Moreover, carriers generally only give something like 30-40% of revenue and keep 60-70% themselves.

If anyone had worked with Handango long long time ago, you would remember that for listing on carrier stores you got something like 18% of sales (Carriers gave 30% to Handango and then handango kept 40% and paid you 60%, effectively 18% of your sale price)

I do not consider Bango Evil and I believe they are doing a good job.

The only solution to this problem is if BlackBerry forces Bango to drop Indonesia from carrier sales. This may probably break the the carrier's monopolistic attitude.

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

adwiv wrote:

The only solution to this problem is if BlackBerry forces Bango to drop Indonesia from carrier sales. This may probably break the the carrier's monopolistic attitude.

That is what I do when people don't pay me. No idea why BlackBerry and Bango are allowing this to continue...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer

[ Edited ]

I just checked the invoices. Indosat was missing for two months - December and January and has reappered again since Feb.  XL however is still missing from the invoices since december, so that makes it six months till now.

I guess we need a clarification from Bango on this.

One possiblitiy is that they have dropped XL from the list.

Another possibility is that the November sales for indosat appeared in Feb invoice (120 day cycle), and for XL they will appear in June invoice (240 day cycle). If it is latter, it is very very bad and XL must be removed from Bango sales.

EDIT: On second thoughts, both indosat and XL should be barred from Bango sales as it is a bad precedent.

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

The fact that Bango is continuing to allow sales to go through is terrible practice. Expecailly when Bango has such a terrible reputation for actually paying out to developers.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer

I had sent them a mail and received this reply from Bango:

We are still billing with Indonesia XL. 

They have been removed from the invoice as we are not getting paid by the carriers. So we can not pass on the earnings to you until we receive them. Once we receive them an invoice will be sent with all the payments collected from the owed periods.

Why the hell are they continuing to bill with Indonesia XL when they are not getting paid? If they stop billing, we would get atleast some sales through credit card purchases.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

adwiv wrote:

I had sent them a mail and received this reply from Bango:

We are still billing with Indonesia XL. 

They have been removed from the invoice as we are not getting paid by the carriers. So we can not pass on the earnings to you until we receive them. Once we receive them an invoice will be sent with all the payments collected from the owed periods.

Why the hell are they continuing to bill with Indonesia XL when they are not getting paid? If they stop billing, we would get atleast some sales through credit card purchases.

BlackBerry should also be blame for this.  BlackBerry should step up and get this mess clear up.  Bango is just the billing subcontractor.

Developer

smiley wrote:

BlackBerry should also be blame for this.  BlackBerry should step up and get this mess clear up.  Bango is just the billing subcontractor.

Agree completely. Blackberry can easily remove Indonesia XL from the list of bango billed carriers. The logic whether to show carrier billing as a payment option or not must be built into the blackberry world client. They can simply remove this carrier from their database.

There is no reason for the carrier to not pay or pay after a long long time. They get paid instantly (in case of prepaid) or by the end of the monthly billing cycle. So there should be no reason for the delays.

My biggest issue with this is that it is simply arm twisting by the carrier. And if Blackberry lets this happen with Indonesia XL, other carriers will follow suit.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

adwiv wrote:

Another possibility is that the November sales for indosat appeared in Feb invoice (120 day cycle), and for XL they will appear in June invoice (240 day cycle). If it is latter, it is very very bad and XL must be removed from Bango sales.

EDIT: On second thoughts, both indosat and XL should be barred from Bango sales as it is a bad precedent.

You are correct, I just received June invoice, XL is inside (with the November sales). So it is 8 months delay for XL and 4 months delay for Indosat. Just great.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

[ Edited ]

QuiteSimple wrote:
You are correct, I just received June invoice, XL is inside (with the November sales). So it is 8 months delay for XL and 4 months delay for Indosat. Just great.

Saw that too. I wonder how soon other carriers will follow suit and switch to 8 month cycle.

Given that Bango can't do anything and BlackBerry isn't willing to do anything about this, what options do we have?

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

All this is a joke.  How can a company not pay for 8 months.  How would they like it if I don't pay my cell phone bill until 8 months later.

BlackBerry should be the blame. It's their service.  They can't just pull the carrier billing and force paypal or credit card.

The ship is already sinking.  Do you think we will get paid in 8 months?