Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

Bango and Indosat carrier billing

I just noticed that for the last two invoices of Bango (May and June) there is a change in carrier billing cut for carrier Indosat (Indonesia).

Before it was 70% (like all the other carriers)

Now it is 62.20%

There are few other carrier cut changes (down to 68% or 69%)  but the Indosat change seems quite steep.

Is it just me or it is the same in your invoices too?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Bango and Indosat carrier billing

I thought you are done with BB

Now that you have mention it my is the same 62.20% for indo

Also Rogers in Canada is 67%

are you going to contact Bango?

Developer

I'm done... but I still collect the money  

I haven't contacted Bango yet, because they've sent me another 'refreshing' email, that  I owe them money  (by mistake they had paid me VAT for the last year or so and blah-blah)... so I just wait to sum all the bad news at once

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I've looked at my bango statements and it start 2 months ago with 62.2%.  Not really sure why.  Typical RIM.  No explanation.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

shiesty shiesty
Developer

Response from Bango:

Please can I kindly ask you to forward you query to
appworldvendorsupport@blackberry.com.
They will be able to help you with your query. 

So it is RIM decision.

Developer

I sent mail to Vendor support, they send it to Bango and here is the response:

The reason you see different revenue shares are to do with the network connection.
Some networks have extra Taxes and Fees which are taken prior to the earnings going
to you the vendor.

The newer networks which handle higher taxes and fees will be around the 62.5 to 69%
Mark. If the amount was not increased then the billing routes would not exist as
this is the agreed % from Bango, BlackBerry and The Network in question.

Oh well... at least they could have warned us about this... Anyway Indosat will pay only 62.5% from May on. Given that Indosat users pay only 75% of the original app price (the famous "buying power factor"), we will receive like 47% of the original app price for sales in Indonesia.