Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Bango - included in App World Vendor Purchases report?

[ Edited ]

QuiteSimple wrote:

Try with your support email, for some strange reason it worked for me. Same is valid for Digital River - they create account based on your support email, not the one you register with BB App World. Of course if the emails are one and the same, it will work anyway

Thanks!! Wonder why they use the support address.  Arrgg!!!

Wish Appworld would have detail sales report like Bango.

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi there,

I'm getting confused here, just had monthly remittance and money from Digital River - it is well off the amount I was expecting - much less - can someone confirm that Bango sales are not included in App World reporting as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I agree that there is something strange about the reports. What I see every month:

- at the end of the month I download a report for all the sales and based on that report I compute the expected earning

- Digital River sends payment and it is less than expected

- Bango sends the payment (of course the invoice only, the real payment comes two months later) and Digital River + Bango is more than expected payment

The difference from montly report and Digital River payments varies every month - it is between 5% and 10%.

So my theory is that monthly sales report does not include refunds, which Digital River withholds before sending the payment.

When I logged in my Bango account I noticed a list with refunds, so Bango is handling refunds on its own.

Anyone else with the same observations?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

I agree in part, but the amount I'm out by is far more than any refunds could be. I've been thru the digital river epen reports and looked on a daily basis. Compared to the app world vendor reports, some days are out by 10 dollars or so, others by hundreds, just doesn't make sense.
New Developer

Other point to make is that it is very difficult for a customer to get a refund from digital river, I usually end up doing refunds myself thru paypal, so I can't imagine there being many refunds for DR to claw back.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Just a quick reminder: The AppWorld reports show the revenue. What you get paid by Digital River is your profit share, ie revenue - 30%, ie profit = 0.7 * revenue.
New Developer

Hi Pfiffi

Thanks for the reminder, but yes, I've taken that into account. If anyone has had the same issue and has resolved with DR I would really appreciate hearing from you
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

I've noticed the same thing this month: the amount I was paid by DR (received) + Bango (pending) seems substantially lower than what is being reported in BBAW purchase reports.

I haven't contacted DR yet because, while I can see that it's off, I'm finding it difficult to reconcile the two reports to identify exactly which transactions haven't been paid. Not enough information is provided to easily accomplish this...

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I'm in Canada and both telcos do a hold back

Operator Bill CAN Rogers Canada (RIM) less 0.5% for chargeback fees

Operator Bill CAN Telus Canada (RIM) less 1% for uncollectables

Does your telco do this?  could this be why the figures are not adding up?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

I took a second look and I stand corrected: I had the incorrect date range in my original Bango report. The payments are actually very nearly exactly what they should be.

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock