Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curver 9300
My Carrier: Etisalat

BlackBerry App for different handset language

have a BlackBerry App that has images, buttons, pop-up messages, LabelField all with english text. The App acquires GPS location when a button is clicked and the LabelField value is updated once the location is acquired; lblLatitude.setText("xxx"); The App updates the text of theLabelField as long as the language of the BlackBerry device is set to English. If any other language is selected on the handset - arabic, spanish, french, netherlands etc - the LabelField value fails to update. Location is acquired since the pop up message "location updated" appears successfully in english. However, the LabelField fails to populate the value. want the same "xxx" message to always display, no matter what the users' language is

What is the reason for such behavior? Can this be corrected through the source code? Can the App be designed to work on all handsets - no matter what the language selection of the device be - i.e. be independent of the device language?