Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Blackberry 10 Device?

Hi there BB Developer Forums,

When our team first started developing for Blackberry (porting from Android), we didn't have any Blackberry devices and were enticed, like many others, at the idea of receiving a Playbook. But, in order to receive a Playbook we needed to submit the application first without being able to test it on the actual device. We actually released and received over 400 downloads within the first two days only to realize that the accelerometer had actually been switched and therefore the game was doing the opposite of what it was supposed to. We really don't want this to happen again, but weren't able to make it to the conference in Orlando. We now have two applications on the market which we want to upgrade to BB 10 but can't do it without a device, is there any way that we can get one?

Thanks a million for the help!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry 10 Device?

Don't worry, there should soon be a contest where they will give out the BlackBerry 10 devices in exchange of you developing an app for it :-)

New Contributor

Haha. I'd prefer not to release a buggy app in the first place though Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Developer

You don't need to release it, just submit and get it approved Smiley Tongue

New Contributor

Well, is there any BB employee that can even say something like that's gonna happen (asking to the forum)? Anyways, I was just wondering if there's any other way to get one.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

adwiv wrote:

Don't worry, there should soon be a contest where they will give out the BlackBerry 10 devices in exchange of you developing an app for it :-)

Let's hope you're right Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

There has been no announcement to date. If there is then you will hear it from the Developer Blog first:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/

Your best option would be to watch the blog feed and forums for any notice of BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices being made available.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: cosmote gr

Sorry for putting this question here but i didnt want to open a new question!

I am really interesting in developing for the Blackberry 10 , because i dont live in USA, ( i live in Greece) i am not able to come to any BlackBerry World conferences. Is this any way that i can get my hands to any of the new Blackberries, borrowed or buy in lowest price (the existing devices) , or  buy  the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha from Blackberry?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Developer
Developer

I hope they also give developers an option to purchase. Otherwise those who are at BBJam or one of their events would have an edge over others.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

They are taking JAM10 on the road, starting in Europe and Asia and then back to North America. I can bet that attending one of these road JAMs, that you will be able to get a Dev Alpha device. Just watch for more about this.