Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry AppWorld Privacy policy will it restrict this ?

Hi All,

I have created a blackberry application which downloads and installs other blackberry applications from my application. I just want to know whether I can submit such an application to the Blackberry appworld and will the appworld allow such an application to be submitted which downloads and installs other blackberry application and does blackberry appworld privacy policies permit this?

Coz as far as I know apple doesn't allow such applications to be submitted on their appstore. So Please let me know about Blackberry appworld on similar lines.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry AppWorld Privacy policy will it restrict this ?

please reply...

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Every app has its owner, even free apps are someone's intellectual property. If you install apps, that you don't own, you'll probably have to prove that you do it with authors permission.

I have no idea what kind of app you are developing (maybe an app store?), can you share more details?

On the side note - you are allowed to develop app, that deletes other apps, that's ok Smiley Happy

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi SimpleQuote, We are developing a support application which can download other support applications for each required functionality. For example my app can also download and install let say an antivirus.There are Apis for downloading and installing cod but does app world privacy policy allow this? Are there any applications in appworld currently which download and install other applications. Thanks, Sagar