Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry app store (I need to generate a key or to forward to my web server)

Hi,

my software need a code to be activated.

How can I give this code to Blackberry app store users after they purchased my software?

Is there a way to generate this code on BB Store?

If not, is there a way to forward this user on my server web (to generate code) only if

they payed the software?

Please help.

Developer

Re: Blackberry app store (I need to generate a key or to forward to my web server)

no one knows that?
Developer
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: Blackberry app store (I need to generate a key or to forward to my web server)

Please read the FAQ on App World.  This is your basic Dynamic License Generation Model.  If you haven't read the FAQ, there are probably many other aspects of App World that you need to know so I would definitely go through it.
Developer

Hi,

thanks for your reply, I've read the FAQ but I have another questions if possible.

My server, needs phone number to create the correct code,

is it possible to let the user enter the phone number into somewhere,

and then let my site generate the correct key having the phone number?

Please help.
Thanks for your patience.

Developer

sblantipodi,

App World does not send the phone number to your website when a customer makes a purchase.  The only parameters that it sends which are useful in making a key is the PIN number and the email address. 

Developer

there is no way to redirect the customer to my site after the purchase or to get the phone number?
Developer

Not at the time of a purchase.  I mean, you could write custom code to get that info he first time a customer runs your application to get their phone number but you can't be so sure that the customer actually made a purchase--they could have copied your app.
Developer

so I can't neither forward customer to my page after bought a product from bb store?

if yes, is there a way to tell to my page that the customer has payed?

Developer

No, Blackberry App World will not forward the customer to your page.  It can just send the HTTP Post info (PIN, email address, etc) to your website if they pay by choosing the dynamic license model.

So here is what you can do:

1. Turn on Dynamic Licensing
  2. When someone purchases your application, you will receive a HTTP Post with the PIN number and other info
  3. Store this info in a table in a database
  4. When the customer first launches your program, go to your website and check to see if their PIN number is in the table
  5. If the PIN number is there (They paid!!), launch another screen to capture the phone number
  6. Send the Phone number to your website

Could these steps (or some of them) work for you?

Developer

I have some questions cani ask ?

1. If u get the details after payment from end users. You are keepinh the PIN.. If the user just clicks that link and due to some network issues

he is not able to download the application that he paid.

2. If the user can get the files say .cod, .jad or .alx files through laptop.. he can distribute the application to his friends.

3.After downloading the apploication through BB phone...then are you sure that the user can sent the installer  through BB to his friends.

4. You said u are keeping the details like PIN in DB. How do you if someone uses the same pin and download it again to another phone.

5.  How do you set the permissions thats this installer is for single use?. 

Do reply .. does this questions make any sense..

thank you