Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

Bullet points and other special characters in App World descriptions

How does one put bullet points and other special characters in the app description in the Vendor Portal?  I see various app descriptions with bullet points so I know it is possible.  I have tried Googling the answer but to no avail.  Can someone point me to the documentation for this?

Thanks

Lester

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Bullet points and other special characters in App World descriptions

I believe it's just Unicode text, so if you include those characters when you submit the form they will show up.

Your issue may be more about how to insert those characters into the HTML form. For that, since I need it rarely, I just do a copy/paste from any web site where I can find the required text. For example, Google for "unicode bullet" and you can find one of them on any of the first few search results, such as the Wikipedia article.

Some people probably have their systems set up to let them directly type Unicode from their keyboard, but I've never gotten around to figuring out the modern way of doing that (and the last time I checked, years ago, Unicode support in OSes was still largely lacking).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Bullet points and other special characters in App World descriptions

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give that a whirl.

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst