Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 2.0
My Carrier: AT&T

Buy app for Z10 and PlayBook twice?

Hi,

if someone bought an app for the PlayBook, does he need to buy it again for the Z10?

Thank you

Vibes

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Buy app for Z10 and PlayBook twice?

If the developer chooses to make the app available under BB10, which may require a complete rewrite, then the developer can also choose whether or not the BB10 version is available as the same "product" entry in BlackBerry World, and whether an upgrade fee applies. In other words, it's entirely the developer's choice.

One of my apps is a free upgrade for anyone who bought it on the PlayBook, while the other requires an upgrade fee that's identical to the cost: in other words, it's like buying it again.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 2.0
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Let's say I have a Z10 and a Q10 and I bought an app for the Z10.

Can I download and install the app for free on my Q10

I'm thinking of a situation when both devices use the same BlackBerry ID and the apps and content get synced between them. Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If you use the same BBID, and the app is actually made available by the developer for the specific platform in question, then you can download it repeatedly onto any of those devices, once you've purchased it.

In my case, none of my current apps have been made available on the Q10, however. When they are, you would be able to put the app on both devices with only the one payment, provided you've used the same BBID.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!