Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido

Can't add product description for BB10.

Hi,

I have just submitted my QNX app as a new release of my old BBOS app. In the Vendor Portal, I would like to add a description specifically for my BB10 version but it won't save.

Under Description(s) tab I have my description in the Default section. When I click on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone section I have the Add Language button. I click on that add for example English (en) and fill out the fields, then click save. When I come back into that screen the desription I just added is no longer there, just the Add Language button.

Any ideas?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Can't add product description for BB10.

Try a different browser?

Last time I tried it (with IE 10) it worked for me.

If it still doesn't work fire off an email to Vendor Support.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Not sure what could be causing it but if you click contact vendor support at the bottom of the page explain your issue and send them your description they should be able to update it for you

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried Firefox and IE10, neither one of them is saving anything at the moment, not even for existing apps. Maybe there's a problem on Blackberry's side.

Looks like I will have to email them, thanks for your responses.

Super Contributor

Looks like it updated after all, but it took quite a while, I only found out this morning even though I made the changes before leaving work last night.

Do the changes have to go through a review process as well? I doubt it as I typed in utter nonsense for the long description as a test and that was saved and updated.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

I believe there are some automated tests that may flag up certain words and someone looks at it as I've had feedback on some updates I've made not being suitable. (i.e. mentioning Built for BlackBerry in the generic tab).

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

when you make changes to the description/images it normally creates a ticket for the app it should say #(pending tickets) on the Manage Products tab.  If you click the Change Request Tickets tab it will show you the tickets for all the changes you've requested and semi-detailed information about it.

*I have noticed inconsistencies, sometimes my CRT's will disappear and I don't realize until I view my app in BlackBerry world and notice the changes weren't made