Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Can't update my Release drafts

I am trying to submit an update to my application, but keep running into errors when trying to setup my next release.

I want the next version of my application to be version 2.0.

I currently have a draft that for a release for version 2.0, but I wish to update the file package I have attached to it before I submit it to RIM for approval.

Problem is: app world will not let me edit my draft.

Every time I make a change to it (eg: change file bundle, change version number, change release notes) and click save, the vendor portal brings me back to the list of all of my releases for my app, and has the error in red on top:

net.rim.portal.backend.exception.DatabaseException: net.rim.portal.backend.exception.DatabaseException: java.lang.InstantiationException: java.lang.reflect.Field

And if I click to look at my release draft again, none of my changes are saved, release notes are the same, and the old file bundle is still attached (and the new one is nowhere to be seen).

So, I imagine this is a problem with RIM's servers.

I also get this error, if I don't change anything, I just enter the draft and click save.

So, the app world still lets me create new releases for my app, and it does save them, but once the new release is created, I cannot edit the draft. I can't edit any of my drafts.

So my current work around of this problem is to just make a new version of my app, and call it version 2.0.1, and make sure I don't need to edit anything before I submit it, but of course, that prevents me from calling my next release version 2 (because I already have version 2.0 draft, I cannot call a new release 2.0).

So, I was wondering: can anyone else edit their release drafts, or is it just me?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Can't update my Release drafts

If it is submitted for approval you are not allowed to edit it. If you want to update the app before releasing it for sale just wait for basic version to get approved and submit update. After the update is approved, post the app for sale.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry