Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Computer Enginneer
Accepted Solution

Carrier billing fee nowaday ?

Hello,

I'm new in BlackBerry development and I don't really understand how it works for carrier billing.

It seems that Bango manage this, but how many money do they take ?

In some old topics I read that 60% are for the developer and in some other topics I saw that it's 70%. Could someone clarify this point, please?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Carrier billing fee nowaday ?

It seems that Bango pays 70%. You can read this in the BANGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Vendor Portal - Manage Account - Terms&Conditions)

My Bango invoices say the same - it is 70% Smiley Happy

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

Thank you for your answer.

I have an other question :  What about the tax ?

For example, i'm a french vendor, so for an app sold at 1€, I've to give 19.5 cents of tax to the governement.

Is it 70% of the total price (70%x1€) and after I manage to give the tax to my government or does Bango handle this and ofter give me 70% tax deduced (70% x 0.805€) ?

I know, for money it's the same, but not administratively...

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Hm, I'm not sure what kind of tax do you mean? Is it VAT?

If you are talking about VAT - you don't need to pay your government anything (there are several topic on this matter in the forum), Bango(and BB App World, and Digital River) handles the VAT issues.

If you are talking about income tax - you have to pay tax for the income you get (i.e. 70% of the price)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
Developer

Thank you very much for your help !