Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Change supported devices after submit?

I just submitted a BB10 app and selected BlackBerry 10 as the supported devices, assuming this would also mean the Dev Alpha... but after reading the blog post about it again I noticed it doesn't include the Dev alpha, do I have to build a completely seperate release just to go through the process and check the dev alpha?  Seems kinda silly since none of the code was changed.

Go Music
Flashlight Fast Free/Pro
Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Re: Change supported devices after submit?

I am wondering this also. I already have apps submitted for the Dev Alpha, the work great, no modifications needed and I haven't made a newer version of them. Is it possible for me to switch the available devices to include BlackBerry 10?

My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

I have run into this issue as well. I hope that this was not done on purpose as there are a large number of PlayBook apps that should run just fine on BB10 without any changes.

I am a few hours away from being done with an update to one of my PlayBook apps that also works great on the DevAlpha. I will let you know how the submission goes...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

you can change this by going into Vendor Portal >> Manage Products >> Click below the '+' where you add versions (its a search icon) and then click on the version you want to edit >> then go to add new release version tab >> change the comptability and save. It should work I did this for a few apps I had back in BBOS not sure if it works for QNX though

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!