Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Computer Enginneer
Accepted Solution

Check a user subscription

Hi everybody,

We need help on 30 days subscription model.

We develop an app wich give access to a chat community. To know if a user can use the chat community, we store the payment status of each user on server side.

After 10 trial messages, user have to buy a monthly subscription. I use the PaymentService API. Actually, the user don't buy the app (we want user can access the app even if he can not send messages...) but an in-app good called "montly subcription" with a 30-day licence type.

The problem is, each time a user try to send a message, we need to check if his payment status is ok on server side. It can't do it on client side, because it would mean that any other people could develop an other app to access to the web service without being charged (it is easy to spy a TCP/IP connection to know wich request to do to the web service...).

How could we do ?

We have searched in all the developer documentation and forums and FAQ, but we don't see any posibility to check a payment status on server side...

The same question appeared if the user cancel his subscription. How can we be aware about the cancelling of the subcription to disable this user subscirption on our database ? Does RIM send us any request about it ?

Thanks in advance.

New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Check a user subscription

Sign the app up as using a dynamic license model. You will get a unique ID for each user. You can mark that up against some sort of database, and do your comparisons to see if the user has paid.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

But, what's happen on Renewal, Refund or Cancel ? Does our server will informed of the new status of the subscription ?

And what about if the user change of mobile phone ? Does the sended PIN number be the same ?

Best Regards,

Developer

Hi,

Does anyone can answer me to the previous questions or at least give me some clue, please ?

Regards,

Developer

Hi,

Same thread with answer from developer administrator Erik Oros here:
supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Check-User-Subscription/m-p/1503597

very good !