Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

DENY does not fully deny Reviews

[ Edited ]

Denied reviews still count toward ordering within whatever average rating the product has in the storefront.

Problem is, this gives competitors an avenue of attack that you can't counter.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: DENY does not fully deny Reviews

This has been discussed many times in many threads and the responses from BlackBerry are that they think this is the best approach but will continue to review it.

As an example if you didn't do this then a really bad app could put up it's own staged 5 star reviews and deny hundreds of the rest giving a false impression to users and robbing them of their money.

At least this way, reviews which are factually incorrect can be removed and the user has the star system average to base their purchase on. Hopefully those that are scammed post a bad review with 1 star bringing down the average and hopefully the apps standing in the listings.

In theory BlackBerry review requests to remove bad reviews and you'd hope they would catch a pattern of someone trying to scam the user by continually denying bad reviews.

If a competitor wants to waste their time and money continually buying your app with different ids and putting in a bad review then that's up to them, they are sad and petty people and hopefully karma will catch up with them one day.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Re: DENY does not fully deny Reviews

[ Edited ]

Well, whether or not it has to be that way it's death unless you either join the practice, or advertise your app some other way; but no matter how you advertise it, your customers now HAVE to come to BB World to buy.  They'll probably notice where your app stands in the store, and that will be a factor in their buying decision.  So if you're going to sell native products, then this issue is unavoidable -- you either must join the corruption, or else you will lose money.