Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Default text

I have a question about the text displayed in the browser version of BB Wold: Is that the "default" text?

We have an application with multiple platforms (java, bb10), and it would be nice to have a different text displayed in the device BB Worlds and the browser one.

In addition it seems the browser version does not display any formatting, we have normal linebreaks. It is displayed correctly on the devices.

Do we need to use special formatting for the browser version, like <br> etc?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Default text

Re line breaks: it is a known issues, hopefully it will be fixed soon

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/App-World-Updated-Design/m-p/211...

Re default text: in vendor portal you have 4 different description sections for each app: default, for BBOS, PlayBook and BB10. I believe that if you have specific text (in any of the sections) it will overwrite the default text when checking the app from device. As for the browser - you can apply filters (selecting a given device), but I'm not sure which text is displayed if no device is selected.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Default text

Right, the default text will be shown until the user logs in, then their device preference is used.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker