03-04-2012 05:13 PM
I know there was a backlog in the app approval process due to the playbook developer promotion they just ran. Is this still the case? I've been waiting 15 days and have not received an update. It's for a theme submission. It's compatible with all OS6 devices. Would that increase the approval process time? The standard turnaround time for approval for my apps has been between 7-8 days. Any help offered is greatly appreciated!
03-04-2012 05:53 PM
Okay, so I guess I'm going to answer my own question, here. They were supposed to be caught up on PB stuff by Monday, but they apparently only caught up on shipments. Still a backlog with approvals. They're reportedly receiving 400+ requests daily, according to a tweet by Alec Saunders. Just passing along just in case anyone is wondering.
03-04-2012 07:57 PM
Indeed, they are almost certainly still bogged down in Playbook app submissions. The submission deadline came and went on March 2nd, but that was just for submission. Apps approved afterward still qualify for the free Playbook (so long as they were submitted on time), so they're still trudging through the backlog.
Although, as you pointed out, they're actually working through 400+ app submissions per day now (almost twice as many as is standard), thanks to having reassigned several additional employees to app testing, so they're not so much trudging through the queue as they are sprinting. Nevertheless, they probably still have a long way to go.
If it's any help, I submitted my app on Feb 12 and received approval on Feb 29. Perhaps that will give you a better idea of where they are in the backlog? At this point, I'd guess they're up to Feb 13 or 14 (since that's right around when the original submission deadline was supposed to be, those are probably also the dates that will take them the longest to work through). But that's just a guess.
03-05-2012 04:16 PM
@Smiley, agreed, if I knew there was a problem I would definately do this. App works great on android across multiple devices (phones/tablets) but I haven't had a chance to test it out on an *actual* playbook. Lack of approval/denial is just making my mind wander a bit about if there is a problem I don't know about via the conversion process. From what I've seen on the forums I'd definately rush to correct any problems I knew about now so that the updated version would be reviewed if/when they get to it instead of the older version.
03-05-2012 04:17 PM
Got my first release approved today. (Total of 16 days). Still waiting on the second release approval. Submitted the second relase about 10 minutes after I submitted the first one. Still no news on that approval. Pretty sure they're still backed up with the PB stuff. Definitely going to wait until they clear that up before I submit anything else.