Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Delay in App Approval Process?

I know there was a backlog in the app approval process due to the playbook developer promotion they just ran. Is this still the case? I've been waiting 15 days and have not received an update. It's for a theme submission. It's compatible with all OS6 devices. Would that increase the approval process time? The standard turnaround time for approval for my apps has been between 7-8 days. Any help offered is greatly appreciated!

Contributor

Re: Delay in App Approval Process?

Okay, so I guess I'm going to answer my own question, here. They were supposed to be caught up on PB stuff by Monday, but they apparently only caught up on shipments. Still a backlog with approvals. They're reportedly receiving 400+ requests daily, according to a tweet by Alec Saunders. Just passing along just in case anyone is wondering.

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello Luckysol,

Indeed, they are almost certainly still bogged down in Playbook app submissions.  The submission deadline came and went on March 2nd, but that was just for submission.  Apps approved afterward still qualify for the free Playbook (so long as they were submitted on time), so they're still trudging through the backlog.

Although, as you pointed out, they're actually working through 400+ app submissions per day now (almost twice as many as is standard), thanks to having reassigned several additional employees to app testing, so they're not so much trudging through the queue as they are sprinting.  Nevertheless, they probably still have a long way to go.

If it's any help, I submitted my app on Feb 12 and received approval on Feb 29. Perhaps that will give you a better idea of where they are in the backlog?  At this point, I'd guess they're up to Feb 13 or 14 (since that's right around when the original submission deadline was supposed to be, those are probably also the dates that will take them the longest to work through).  But that's just a guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Like this post if you like it!
"Developer of apps. Consumer of humus."
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Another reference point...submitted 2/13 and still waiting on test house approval.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

yeah. if they find something wrong with your app they might sit on the approval process. I have couple of apps still in review status for over 3 weeks now.

Contributor

Yeah, I'm wondering if this is the case, but I'd hope they'd kick it out with a denial as soon as they found issues so I could try to correct them quickly.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

if you know there is a problem with the release submitted all you do is add a new release and RIM reviewers will review it and approve it.

Contributor

@Smiley, agreed, if I knew there was a problem I would definately do this.  App works great on android across multiple devices (phones/tablets) but I haven't had a chance to test it out on an *actual* playbook. Lack of approval/denial is just making my mind wander a bit about if there is a problem I don't know about via the conversion process.  From what I've seen on the forums I'd definately rush to correct any problems I knew about now so that the updated version would be reviewed if/when they get to it instead of the older version.

Highlighted
Contributor

Got my first release approved today. (Total of 16 days). Still waiting on the second release approval. Submitted the second relase about 10 minutes after I submitted the first one. Still no news on that approval. Pretty sure they're still backed up with the PB stuff. Definitely going to wait until they clear that up before I submit anything else.