Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: storm 2

Re: Digital River big deduction in report?

[ Edited ]

Normally I receive two credits to my paypal account in the latter part of the month.  This time only one - the European sales are missing.  It appears to be that that hasn't been creditted so hopefully it will be in the next 24 hours I presume?  Otherwise I too have had a halfing of revenue!

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

Digital River responded and said it was an adjustment for prior overpayments due to a "cost of goods sold issue" related to currency/locale after offering transactions in additional currency/locale combinations.

That doesn't explain why it affected primarily the USA payment.  However, according to the report they just sent me, there was an overpayment on many USA transactions.

I haven't correlated that with the previous DR reports because the ordinary reports are not per-order like what they just sent me.  The report they just sent has completely different transaction numbers from the normal DR reports.

There's something else that doesn't match -- recently on App World reports, some items look like sales tax is being charged.  But on the DR report that does not show, it just shows the list price being charged.  So that makes it harder to automatically correlate the two reports, when there are no order numbers on the App World report.  You can't just sum all the transactions on the App World report, take 70%, and see what you should get from DR; you'd be calculating your percentage partially on locale taxes, and think you're being underpaid when you aren't.

edit:  I'm still refiguring again, it's a mess!

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

silver20 wrote:

Digital River responded and said it was an adjustment for prior overpayments due to a "cost of goods sold issue" related to currency/locale after offering transactions in additional currency/locale combinations.

something is fishy here.  RIM need to get on this and i dont think they care.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yes I also got a reply with a spreadhseet.  Seems like since 1st June until 10th Aug, - for some reason for the US payments, instead of taking off 30%, they took off only 12%.  There were also miscalculations for other regions.  

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

we're developers, of course they don't care.

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Looking at the bright side - at least it is not refunds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

The law of estoppel springs to mind.

Developer

Well, I think they care, sort of like we care about the beneficial bacteria in our intestines.  As long as there are enough, we feel fine, but we'd rather not have to deal with them.

Developer

silver: very good analogy!

Developer

Thank you, you can send RIM a coupon for some free yogurt on my behalf.