Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE + Playbook
My Carrier: MTS Ukraine

Digital River question

Hello guys!

Hope you all are doing well. I've been selling an app at the appworld for 2 month, and getting payment reports from Bango and Digital river. First report from digital river was fine, but the second one was really strange. I will try to explain. In my July ROW report i've found the following:

Gross Sales 117.11  
Net Sales 117.11  
Net Price 117.11  
Less Cost Of Sales 75.07  
Total Amount Due 42.04  
W*F? How Less Cost Of Sales can be more that Total Amount Due? For example my June ROW report:

Gross Sales 62.54
Net Sales 62.54
Net Price 62.54  
Less Cost Of Sales 20.01
Total Amount Due 42.53
So in June i sold 2 times less number of copies, but earned more than in July. How that can be? Very frustrating!!
I've concacted DR about this issuse, but have not received the answer yet. I have no idea what should i do...
Thanks!
Thank you!
----------------------------
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
My Blog: http://bb10pro.com
Developer
Developer

Re: Digital River question

Any thoughts? 

Thank you!
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Makes no sense. What makes even less sense, is why an actual centralized portal isn't set up to track EVERYTHING in one spot. I just don't get this or the way 95% of everything else is run.

Developer
Developer

Received a new report... Same **bleep** there (ROW report):

Gross Sales: 243.99

Less Cost of Sales: 119.1

Total Amount Due: 124.89

It means that they charged 49%... And i still have not received explanation from DR... Probably it's good chance to switch to Android. No sense to develop apps for BB.

Thank you!
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I never use Digital River reports to estimate the revenue I get. What I do is to generate a purchase report for a given month in Vendor portal, count the sales number, multiply by app price, multiply the result by 0.7 and I get the estimated revenue.  Of course there are exchange conversions etc, but the estimation is quite close to the real numbers.

Try to use the same approach, just note that the real payment is Digital River + Bango, and Bango comes two months later

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Highlighted
Developer
Developer

Heh,

I will read manuals before posting stupid questions. The problem is that Bango and Digital River have different payment policies. The first one pays you in 2 month, the second one pays you within 20-25 days. 

Thank you!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

has anyone every found a mistake in the numbers? Its so hard to read... 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None yet

No response from DR at all.  They hit me for 75% this month.