Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Digital River reports - what is all that stuff?

Guess it's about time I asked this, after 2 years of getting reports from Digital River that don't have any meaning to me other than, "we're going to send you this much money."

1. Why are there 2 separate reports,

2. What is that heap of transactions that don't seem to correlate with anything meaningful?

It's become painful being unable to audit my own business.  If a monthly report is just a heap of numbers that can't be practically correlated with sales, then all we can do is hope that there's no fraud or errors going on.

For example, this month a large deduction appears on the report but there is no explanation of what that is for.

How do I know that wasn't a corrupt Digital River employee transferring some of my money to their own account?

To run a business we need to know:

1. What has sold,

2. What has been charged back (not a month or two after the fact),

3. An itemized list of payments that correlate with sales and chargebacks

Why can't we have a report like MobiHand where it shows all the transactions, gross, net, and total?  And then the payment matches the total?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Digital River reports - what is all that stuff?

Re two reports - one is from Digital River World, the second one from DR Ireland, which handles Euro-countries because of VAT regulation

Transactions remain mystery...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

Thanks, now I see that.  So the $702 came out of my USA payment.  And that was 70% of the payment lost.

No-one can tell me that I only sold $300 in apps in North America for the month of August, it was more like $3000.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yeah, what the hell was that deduction for?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We got that too, but not as much as you. All I can figure it was reinbursements of "returned" products.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

QuiteSimple wrote:

Re two reports - one is from Digital River World, the second one from DR Ireland, which handles Euro-countries because of VAT regulation

Transactions remain mystery...

I was wrong, the first report is US only, the Ireland report is for the rest of the world including Europe (ROW)

If the deduction is because of refunds, I'll shoot myself in the head Robot Mad

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

QuiteSimple wrote:

If the deduction is because of refunds, I'll shoot myself in the head Robot Mad

I have big deduction and I hope they are not refunds.

Developer

It would be great if refunds showed in out reports like MobiHand, together with a reason, so we know WTH is happening with our own business.

Imagine Duracell seeing a chargeback of 70% of their income from Wal-Mart and not being able to know which type of batteries are being returned?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

How the hell are customers requesting refunds directly to RIM? I, as a vendor, don't even know how to get in contact with them...

And 70% as a refund/returned product doesn't make sense at all, something is definitely up. My situation is 50% is missing when I compare the payment report (rimsupport@digitalriver.com) and the actual purchase report (from vendor portal). The 50% missing doesn't even show up as "deduction" in the payment report.

This is extremely frustrating.

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer

Digital River has replied that, "Refunds are shown within the Detail report".  However, I see deductions but not an explanation, i.e. not that it's a refund or what was refunded.

They also say, "RIM will need to be contacted in regards to any discrepancies between the ePen report and App World reporting".

But RIM has already said that Digital River needs to be contacted about details.

Well, here's following the directions, then... Digital River reports pointed to RIM, we contacted RIM.  RIM pointed us back to Digital River, we contacted them.  Digital River points us back to RIM, we're contacting RIM again.

This report I just received from Digital River on request wasn't bad.  It goes like this:

ORDER NUMBER, SALE PRICE, ROYALTY

Now why couldn't we have that in the first place, either from App World or Digital River?