Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: DigitalGoodsListingListener not working

Apologies for the delay, this has been resolved and the new API calls should return as expected now. 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi Garett,
I am still unable get the available digital goods. It is still showing the same error. Should I upgrade something. I checked the appworld version but I already have the latest and same for payment api.
Retired

The issue should be fixed now, I have confirmed this myself in my own test app. If you do not load through App World then this error is expected. Can you please confirm how you loaded this app for testing?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

I installed the application using BB appworld. My application is in draft state and by using Alt+tst and entering SKU I downloaded the app. I can purchase or renew the application but neither able to get the history nor the digital goods available. I am testing on real device 8520.
Retired

I just did a test, I disabled my cellular radio and left WiFi running and was able to reproduce this issue. It seems these calls rely on BlackBerry data being active which is why you are receiving these messages. 

I would suggest logging this in Issue Tracker when you have the chance (linked in my signature) as a bug. If you respond back with the URL I can escalate right away.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Yes Garett, earlier I checked the application without having the SIM. Now I checked it with the SIM card, and it is working fine. I have raised the bug as JAVAAPI-2286 

Can you tell me how much time it will take to fix this issue? If it is going to take lot of time then I need to check for some other alternative. 

Retired

I would recommend not using the new APIs introduced in version 1.8 of the SDK for now until resolved. I don't have a timeframe available but it could take a while.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Retired

I have taken ownership if the logged issue aand escalated. Thanks for reporting!

If you have any further questions please feel free to post here. Any other comments related to the bug can be added to the Issue Tracker item.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Thanks for handling the issue.
I am facing similar issue on 9900. I have BSNL 3G SIM card in 9900. BIS or BES is not enabled on the device.
OS version is 7.1 bundle 1149 v 7.1.0.342.
App world version is 3.1.2.32
BBM version 6.1.0.55

If I turn off the wifi, and then try to download the draft application mentioned in earlier posts, it fails to get the digital goods. It returns the same error "Could not connect to appworld to verify application origin". How can I fix this issue?
Retired

[ Edited ]

That's the same issue. As mentioned earlier, if the device does not have BIS the new APIs introduced in the 1.8 SDK will not work.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!