Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Download wrong version

Has anyone experienced that some users will get an earlier version of the app when it says it is the latest version?  I am getting emails from a great number of users (and it happended to me) that when they are prompted to download v3.1, that they are getting v1.3.

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Download wrong version

[ Edited ]

Yes, this is happening to me too. People are trying to upgrade from version 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 and getting version 1.5.1 instead (although App World says they have the most recent version). Unlike before, deleting, restarting the device and then re-installing does not fix the problem. What a mess!

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Mee too!

I tried directly on my Device.

On "Manage Products" in Vendor Portal the release 2.0.1 on my game is approved, but when I download the Update, the RIM System gives me the 2.0.0!

A bigger problem is that I'm receaving claims from Customers (that have paid) because they cannot install the app.... and are asking refund!

I made a trial also in this case with my device... and it's true. Only after a reboot it seems to work and install the app... but not the most recent release, the previuos one!

Dear RIM, what's happening?

Developer

See if you can get BBID from the users. It does not appear to be wide spread, and I was asked to get BBID so they can dig down why certain people are getting this.
Developer

FYI: I asked for additional information on my Facebook page and only one person responded with an actual BBID. I have an open incident with App World Vendor Support and have forwarded this info to RIM.

jtegen wrote:
See if you can get BBID from the users. It does not appear to be wide spread, and I was asked to get BBID so they can dig down why certain people are getting this.

Developer

I received this communication form App World Support::

---------------------

Looks like we found the potential problem.  We had other vendors with the same issues.  It looks like its due to the "supported languages" in the release bundles.  For some reason most people are not seeing the "English" file bundles when downloading or upgrading applications.  When you are ready, I can set all your releases to draft so you can change the supported languages from "English" to "All Languages"
--------------------------

The bottom line is, at least for now, never submit your bundle as "English".. Use "All Languages" instead.

Developer

The language is not the case with us. It was all set properly, but we continue to get the problem. No word from App World on when or iff this issue will be resolved.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Same problem here, with version 1.0.1 instead of 1.0.2, the actual version.

Also, the last version visible in AppWorld (v1.0.2) has a realease date set on April 16, when the "real" release date is March 16.

The whole thing looks corrupted! Ouch!

JC
Developer

We received one email from a user that requested a refund from App World and then re-purchased the app and everything downloaded correctly. We have not tried it on our device that has the downgrade issue, but I am giving App World one more day to correct this before I just advise all of our users to do this.

I just cant understand how something so basic can be messed up so bad and there is no way to turn on some kind of trace to log a transaction in App World.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None yet

The App world front end app is terrible, what's not to reason that the backend is in just as bad a state? Particularly with the rumors around that people are pirating apps directly off the App World servers?