Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Licensing on app side

Hi,

I am still kind of confused about this whole process.  In order for us to use Dynamic Licensing, we setup a server to return the key, that part i understand.  On the app, how do i generate the same key to match? I cant find any reference to retrieve the phone PIN or the email address used to buy the app(the one recieved in the we POST request).  what if someone has more then one email addresses on the phone?

is this info available on the CodeModuleGroup?

can someone help me out here??

Developer
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Dynamic Licensing on app side

Developer

Thanks acowart for link.

But maybe i wasn't clear on what i need.  I need a way to get the PIN that i get in the request for dynamic license key request from RIM at the time of purchase from App World.

Basically I need to generate the key in my program to match the key from request.  I am using phone's PIN Number and their email address?

Is PIN and Email one of the properties?

Developer
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Zeeshan0581,

In java code there is a DeviceInfo.getDeviceId() method call.  Use this to get the PIN number of the device.  There is only one PIN number to a blackberry so there will be no confusion here.  The value you get back will be in Decimal but the PIN number that everyone is used to seeing (and what AppWorld sends) is in HEX so you need to convert the DEC value to HEX.

It is not a good idea to use the email address because in AppWorld, a customer purchases the game with their PayPal email address.  A lot of times, this is most likely a different email address then what is registered on the blackberry.  I see some users that have PayPal in their email address (i.e. mypaypalemail@gmail.com) so I'm sure they created it just for PayPal purchases.   The best solution would be to only use the PIN number.

Good Luck

Developer

Thanks for the email tip RLord321.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi

There is a good example of doing this in the Licmax Reference Implementation for Blackberry.

http://www.licmax.com/developersTab.html

Licmax also offers a license server service that's quite affordable. It saved us a a lot of time.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It changed, sorry for the broken link,

http://www.licmax.com/developers.html#ris