Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

Error: "File bundle (Alarm.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

I'm trying to submit a new version of my app "Alarm Clock".

I'm on the "New Release Submission" screen and when I click the pencil icon under the "Files" column and select my new BAR file, I get the following error:

File bundle (Alarm.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

Due to this error I am unable to submit new versions of the app.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Error: "File bundle (Alarm.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

This error usually occurs if you:

- haven't increased the release number

- try to sign with new signing keys

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Error: "File bundle (Alarm.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."