07-03-2012 10:42 AM
When attempting to upload a .bar file for the Playbook to the app world, I'm getting this error: "error in opening zip file System.exit calls not allowed!"
I saw this issue which mentioned the same error, but the main problem there appeared to be a signing issue (as reflected in the slightly different error text).
Some info which may or may not be useful:
- The build definitely installs correctly on the device.
- I'm attempting to upload a new version of an existing product.
- There is another version of the app in "under review" status, though there's no Playbook build included in that release. (Basically, I made a mistake and missed off the Playbook version from that submission, so bumped up the version number and tried to add a new release just for the Playbook version.)
There are a couple of calls to System.exit(int) but since these were present in the previous version I don't think that those are actually the problem.
Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?
07-04-2012 10:56 AM
The "System.exit..." half of the message is just a bug with the App World system, the main issue is the "Error in opening zip file".
Are you uploading this file in .BAR format? Is it enclosed in any other file (ZIP, RAR etc)?
Was it modified at all after signing (even changing values in the MANIFEST.MF)? Can you open the BAR file in an archive application successfully?
07-06-2012 07:11 AM
To answer your questions:
Are you uploading this file in .BAR format?
- Yes, I'm uploading in .BAR format.
Is it enclosed in any other file (ZIP, RAR etc)?
- No, I haven't enclosed the .BAR in any other file.
Was it modified at all after signing (even changing values in the MANIFEST.MF)?
- No, there are no modifications to any of the content of the .BAR after signing.
Can you open the BAR file in an archive application successfully?
- Yes, the .BAR opens just fine with 7zip.
07-06-2012 08:21 AM
Can you load this BAR file successfully to a physical PlayBook? If so I wouold suggest logging a ticket with the App World team for help troubleshooting the upload issue:
If loading to a PlayBook fails, please respond with the error message.