Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Feature images - Mercy!!

ISV Portal is now requiring a huge feature image to be submitted in order to make any change -- including just a price change or deleting a screenshot.

Some of us have a lot of products and are in the middle of making updates, and it's really a problem to suddenly have to interrupt all work and go into the graphic arts business designing a 1920x1186 billboard for every product.

I can see mandating it for new products submitted, or maybe even for updates submitted, but just to change a price or edit existing meta-data?

That's like holding our products hostage in order to hijack our time.  Some manager at RIM gets to decide what we have to work on for the next few days, by locking us out of our products until we complete our assignment?

Let us decide what our priority is at the moment, designing billboards, or finishing the work flow we've already got in progress!  If I have to take time out to design major graphics in the middle of something else, it compromises either the quality of the graphics, the quality of the other work that got interrupted, or both.

App World is still better than the other stores, but come on, don't hijack our time with something unnecessary.  I haven't even opted into the 'featured' carousel, why should I be required to submit images to change a price?