Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4
Accepted Solution

File bundle ([File_name].bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. (...)

I want to submit new release of my application, but I got error: 

File bundle ([File_Name].bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

I try to do everything:

• Increment app version in config.xml from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0
    • Package using new WebWorks SDK
    • Submit file as new release but also by editing denied release

I can not create new product, because it is application from Last Chance Port-A-Thon...

Can anyone help? 

All time online Smiley Very Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: blau.de

Re: File bundle ([File_name].bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. (...)

[ Edited ]

26filip wrote:
If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

Did you sign with the same keys as you used for submittion of the initial version? From what I've heard, Packge ID depends not only on ID in you bar-descriptor.xml file but also on the keys that you use for signing.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Developer

Re: File bundle ([File_name].bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. (...)

Its very possible, that the same.
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

I had that problem and solve it:

Config.xml (webworks)

<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="2.0.0.0" id="sampleapp">

Here's what you need to check if you are updating an existing app:

• Make sure your signing keys are correct.
  • Make sure the version has been updated (not the same as previously submitted one).
  • Most importantly, the id is exactly the same as your previous app. It is CaSe Sensitive... (what I did wrong). 

That should do it because with the signing key + id, it creates a unique identifier for the app. If it is different, you will get the above error. 

Hope this helps.

Developer

[ Edited ]

It is very funny:

I have in Vendor Portal two releases, all denied, but signed using different key... 

I try to submit release signed with the same key, that last.

(All releases - denied and this, which I try to submit, have the same ID)

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Just make sure it is using the signing key for the original (first) submission. Anything extra will cause problems. You could do a new one but it would be a new app and could cause issues if used for a port-a-thon (and if people already downloaded it). 

Developer

Can anyone from Administration help with this issue? I havn't old keys (burned HDD)...

Thank You in advance
Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

The package ID can be flushed out.

This creates an upgrade path issue with current users but will resolve itself in the long run.

There is no issue for new users or new apps.

powerfully,
Bryan Van Engelen
BlackBerry World
Developer

Thank You, @bvanengelen for help Smiley Happy