Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

First portathon rewards -- problem (not related to waiting for payment messages)

I did get the device rewards email yesterday, and a followup email today about how many apps were accepted.

The problem is, the email is saying several of my eligible apps were not approved by Dec. 23rd. But all of my apps that I resubmitted were approved weeks earlier than that.

Is there someone I can contact to check this for me?

On another note, it seems that many of my apps are getting denied for the 2nd portathon due to a scaling issue (not taking up entire screen), even though I resubmitted a bunch of my apps, increased the font sizes, and tested them using both ripple and the simulator. No idea what the problem is now with them... I admit I am getting a bit frustrated. Can I try resubmitting them once again (for the 2nd portathon) or is it too late for that? And I have no idea why they are getting denied, when similar size apps of mine have been approved ... unless for some odd reason they are scaling small on the alpha device, yet not in the simulator.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: First portathon rewards -- problem (not related to waiting for payment messages)

I'll comment on second port-a-thon question about apps: I've seen the same for my apps. Deny reason: app doesn't take the entire screen. So at the end I just put some text to cover the emtpy space (like instructions, in-app help etc.)

Strange enough similar apps got approved - it depends who is the reviewer. Some reviewers (maybe) are following the guideliness strictly, other don't... It is kind of luck I guess.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

Re: First portathon rewards -- problem (not related to waiting for payment messages)

Thanks for the reply.

I really have no idea how to even fix this type of problem for a calculator type of app like mine. What do I do, make the 'Calculate' value button take up the entire full screen? It is pretty big as it is. All apps have to have some space between text and will at times have space on the sides of text. I'm not sure how this make sense.

And my previous approved apps had a ton more 'white space' next to text than my denied ones. I guess I could put random bits of text all over, even it it makes no sense and looks weird ... but figured that would be silly.

Developer

And to confuse matters further, when I look in my app world manager section, I see the list of my original denied apps, and my resubmissions are still listed as being under review. Even the ones that I just got an email saying were denied.

And then I also got a bunch of denied messages saying they are duplicates.

It's almost like I'm just getting the original denial messages now, a week later ... or my resubmissions are being denied for being duplicates (not sure how a resubmission could even be a duplicate). Utterly confused at this point.