Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Fraudulent sales

Can anything be done about apps that are perpetually "NOW ON SALE FOR LIMITED TIME" ?  I'm not sure how long a "limited time" can be, but a year-long "sale" seems pushing the bounds of legitimate advertising.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Fraudulent sales

Sort of like the electronics store I recall in Manhattan that had a "going out of business" sale for at least 3 years. This sort of practice is not limited to software app stores. RIM lets vendors get away with a lot, so there really isn't that much we can do. Maybe you could just leave negative feedback.
Developer

They'll just have negative feedback deleted.

It's not like it's hard to find, it's been right there in Top Paid for years, the same apps and vendors using it.  They might raise the price a dollar for a few days once a year, then put it right back "on sale" for 99% of the time.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Here's an example that can be found in Top Paid right now:

" This WEEK only $4.99! Get it now before the price is back at $9.99! "

but it's been $4.99 since the primordial soup was last seen bubbling.

then we have:

" This week only $8.99 instead of $16.99! Hurry Up, Get it now before the price is back to normal! "

but it's rarely if ever seen over $10, 99% of the time it's in the $5-10 range, so $16.99 is not "normal".